About This Blog

This blog is an opportunity for anyone interested to journey with me through the workbook Experiencing God. I have simply studied it and made it's truths personal. I really want a fresh and a new anointing of God, and I want the same for you!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Walking With God


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Walking With God

Personalized: When my relationship is as it ought to be, I will always be in fellowship with the Father.  I will be in His presence expecting and anticipating the relationship of love.

Jeremiah 7:13: While you were doing all these things, declares the LORD, I spoke to you again and again, but you did not listen; I called you, but you did not answer.

I have found this to be true in my walk with the Lord:  I keep that time alone with God, not in order to have a relationship but because I have a relationship.  Because I have that love relationship with my Lord, I want to meet with Him and spend time with Him.  Time with Him enriches and deepens the relationship I already have with Him.

People who struggle to spend time with God don’t have a scheduling problem; they have a love problem.  You have quiet time because you know Him and therefore love Him, not just because you want to learn more about Him.

Personalized:  I will learn much about God, His Word, His purposes, and His ways as I spend time with Him.  I will come to know Him during the day as I experience Him working in and through my life.  But learning about Him is not why I should want to have quiet time with Him.  The more I know Him and experience His unfathomable love, the more I will love Him.  I will want time alone with God because I love Him and enjoy His fellowship. 

I want my life and ministry to be like a Father and son business.  I want Comforting Hearts to be my Father’s business where He runs it and I follow His instruction and plans, but where I am not just an employee I am a son and I have a share in the profits.  (I hope I said that right).

From the workbook:  After your walk… write about your feelings:

1. How did you feel as you walked and talked with God?

·        I felt humbled and free at the same time.  I felt privileged like I was alone with my Father and we communed.

2. What aspect of your love relationship with God did you become aware of?

·        Just the ability to be at ease and free to share my heart.

3. If this was a difficult or an emotionally uneasy time, why do you think it was?

·        It was not difficult because I am finally in true fellowship with my Dad.

4. What happened that was especially meaningful or joyful?

·        He set me free from something I have held onto for 11 years.  He showed me how to forgive myself as He has forgiven me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The doctor told me that I had multiple ulcers and wanted to know where all my stress was coming from. I told him I have multiple relatives.
-John C. Mac Iver